Tuesday, September 8, 2015

OFW Balikbayan Boxes vs. Philippine Customs

This balikbayan box news really made an impact to me as an OFW. I didn't understand the hardships and struggles of Filipino working abroad until I become one. In fact, I share the very same sentiments because I also have a daughter left in the Philippines. And I would say, only an OFW understands a fellow OFW. Only someone who is going through the same struggles will be able to comprehend why OFWs overly react to this news about the balikbayan boxes.

I hope the government understands that every single thing sent to our families in the Philippines are from our hard-earned money. Alam nyo ba na tinitiis namin ang maglakad sa ilalim ng napakainit na araw para lang magreport sa trabaho araw-araw? Kahit masama ang pakiramdam namin kailangan pa ring magtrabaho kasi sayang ang isang araw na absent. Alam nyu ba na tahimik na lng kaming umiiyak sa gabi dahil sa matinding pangungulila sa aming mga mahal sa buhay? Alam nyo bang nangungutang din kami dito para lang mabigay ang lahat ng pangangailangan ng mga pamilya namin sa Pilipinas? I prefer to write this in Filipino/Tagalog so I can express myself better and my readers can understand it well too.


No comments:

Post a Comment